Lower back pain is a condition that most of us will deal with at some point in our lives. If you are suffering from low back pain, it’s vital to see a medical professional for a proper assessment. Our Team at Peach Orchard Family Chiro offers the testing and treatment options patients in and around Gilbert need to fully recover from lower back pain using natural and non-invasive techniques. Here are a few common questions about low back pain and how chiropractic care can help.
What are the causes of lower back pain?
Your lower back does an incredible job of supporting your upper body and offering flexibility to turn and twist. Unfortunately, your lower back is susceptible to injuries. Common conditions that cause lower back pain include:
- Sprains and strains: Injuries to the back may overstretch your lower back’s ligaments and tendons, causing pain, stiffness, and swelling.
- Sciatica: When the sciatic nerve, the longest nerve in the body, is compressed or pinched, you will experience pain that runs from the lower back to one of your legs.
- Herniated disc: Aging or injury to the back may cause the vertebrae discs to move out of position, pressing a nearby nerve, which results in pain and other symptoms.
- Scoliosis: The abnormal curvature of the back puts pressure on the spinal structures, causing pain.
- Osteoarthritis: The degeneration of your spinal joints causes pain and stiffness.
- Spinal stenosis: The narrowing down of the vertebrae column puts pressure on the spinal nerves and other structures.
- Power posture: Incorrect posture when lifting weights, sleeping, or sitting down may put excessive pressure on the spine, leading to pain and other unpleasant symptoms.
Delaying back pain treatment leads to more pain and complicates your treatment.
What are the risk factors for lower back pain?
Some people are more susceptible to back pain than others. You are likely to suffer from lower back pain if you:
- Are overweight
- Are inactive
- Over 40 years old
- Are pregnant
- Frequently lift heavy weights
How does a chiropractor treat lower back pain?
Chiropractors don’t use medication or surgery to treat back pain. We use natural remedies to manage your symptoms. After a proper diagnosis of your lower back pain, our chiropractor will create a personalized treatment plan using various treatment options, including:
- Spinal manipulation to align out-of-position spinal joints
- Stretching exercises to reduce pain and increase flexibility
- Nutritional counseling to speed up healing and reduce inflammation
- Lifestyle counseling
- Myofascial release for chronic pain
Ready to overcome lower back pain in Gilbert, SC? Please book an appointment with Peach Orchard Family Chiro for natural pain relief.